Wednesday, March 3, 2010

50 Gs!!

Yup. It’s that time of the year again. It’s not Christmas just yet, but Christmas might come early if you take part in Red FMs Forty Minute Fortune and walk away with your share of 50,000 bucks. Yessirreee. 50Gs is up for grabs.


Unfortunately for me, I won’t be able to win that moolah. Instead I can only wish and dream about it. So to make the pointless wish and dreams and thoughts actually worthwhile, I have decided to share with you 50 things I would do with RM50,000. Here it goes:

1. Obviously, I would clear off all my debt and outstanding bills.

2. Put a down-payment for a new apartment or house.

3. Investing in a new car is not very good as a car is a liability (can’t make money from it). Instead, I will repaint, overhaul and redo my current car including upgrading the cabin. This does not necessarily mean it is a better investment than buying a new car.

4. Open my own restaurant to make even MORE money. Help would be needed here.

5. Hire someone to be at my day job daily. He will just have to be there to attend meetings, take calls, get blasted by my boss etc and channel everything to me at the end of the day so that I can work on it at my leisure.

6. Enroll in a scuba diving course

7. Enroll in a smoking cessation course. This may be a prerequisite to Number 6.

8. After passing #6, spend a few days diving in Sipadan.

9. Buy my family a nice dinner and a nice gift for each.

10. Buy a new IPod. You should see the condition of the current one.

11. Donate to charities and funds etc.

12. Hire someone who can do this list better than I can. How on earth am I gonna get to 50.

13. Oh… buy a new BLACKBERRY!!!

14. Get myself to the next Kings of Leon concert, wherever that may be.

15. Get myself a whole new wardrobe and donate the current one.

16. Well, obviously throw a giant bash for winning 50Gs in the first place.

17. Open my own Starbucks so that I can have any amount of Dark Mocha Frappe that I want. I can also stay as long as I want without having these people give me the look for having a glass of water and using the net for half a day.

18. Get a new sound system with a 50 inch TV to boot.

19. Subscribe to B’yond.

20. Go to Maldives before it sinks.

21. Learn how to sail and hire a yacht to travel around the beautiful islands here in South East Asia.

22. Visit my college and watch a football game in the newly completed TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, USA.

23. Visit Egypt & Switzerland, for obvious reasons.

24. Visit Alaska before it melts.

25. Enroll myself in cooking school, so I can fall back on being a Chef when my 50Gs run out, and everyone I pissed off while spending it won’t give me my job back.

26. Get myself a personal trainer to work off the weight I will put on eating the results of #25.

27. Enroll myself in pilot school.

28. Oh Oh!! Buy World Cup Tickets in South Africa, if they haven’t sold out yet.

29. Buy a machine to travel through time to tell myself not to start this list. Or at least don’t go for 50.

30. Invest in the development of converting fart into energy. This is no joke. Can you imagine the amount of energy we can get?

31. Probably buy a Segway.

32. Get myself a Mac Book.

33. Enroll in a drums course.

34. Get Ke$ha to hold a concert here in KL.

35. Start a sugar cane and coconut farm near a calm beach somewhere around here.

36. Build a nice getaway house with kampong style décor on that farm.

37. Help Burger King start a Home Delivery service with a direct route to my apartment.

38. Get myself a Tag Heuer watch.

39. Order a computer generated image of me to show how I would look like in 10 years. I will then know what to work on to avoid looking like the photo. 

40. Re-book that time travelling trip to slap myself before starting this 50 list.

41. Open a Chipotle or Burrito Loco in KL.

42. Design a tool to lock laptops to a random desk so you can go to the loo when in a starbucks/coffee bean. (eeeppp!!!)

43. Set up a group to burn down each and every pair of those kids shoes with the built in skates in them. I’m sorry they’re just annoying.

44. Go to Hawaii

45. Go to a Lady Gaga concert, wherever that may be.

46. Invest in something that can get me another 50Gs. At the rate I will be spending, I’m gonna need this.

47. If it is probable, donate towards finding the cure for cancer.

48. Buy a lazy boy.

49. Hire a masseuse for the perfect Thai massage on a weekly basis (clean)

50. Throw another huge part y for finishing this list!!!!!



So there you have it. It’s not easy to spend 50Gs. Or at least to come up with a list for it. But it’s much easier to win it on Red FM through our Forty Minute Fortune. So make sure you pay attention and listen carefully on the hour every hour!!!! Check out Red.FM



Time to look into those bills… sigh.

4 comments:

aly said...

I'll help if you open a restaurant!

Hidayah said...

seriously.. I would have also booked the time travel trip to help slap you before starting the list .. ahaha .. but well done for finishing it .. I would have given up somewhere arnd 12 and really hired someone to finish it..

sho said...

hehe. come aly we open a restaurant and Mike will make it a superstar place.

Sis... Should've put a help wanted sign out right?

fariza said...

lol.. i think u need more than 50Gs for that..