Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bienvenue en France!


Oui Madame, Monsieur. Once again I’m here in France. Give me two more trips and I can start my Green Card application and change my name to Pierre.Yes, thanks to my day job I have to attend another meeting here and this time dead smack in the middle of winter. Of course I’m not complaining as I really do love winter. It’s much preferred than the constant heat and humidity back home. At least I can do more walking here. If only I had the time to do it.

Arrived in Amsterdam on Sunday and it was completely covered in snow. I was pretty sure that we were going to be delayed flying out of there today to get to Toulouse. But surprisingly the airline pulled through. And for the first time ever, my flight had to undergo de-icing!

For those of you who think de-icing involves a cake, or if you think that the aircraft in this picture is on fire, you might be interested to know that it’s not. It’s basically a bathing session for aircraft during winter months to melt the ice away from surfaces. So it was exciting as it’s my first de-icing (sounds wrong) and it was kinda scary because being the paranoid that I am, I started wondering what would happen if they were to miss a spot…

Anyway, I brought my camera this time so managed to get a few nice shots off of the Toulouse skyline, albeit it was constantly raining, freezing rain.








So yeah, some of the photos were damaged by the raindrops. It was too cold for me to take of my gloves and actually work on the F and SS. Ape ape lah. As long as I got some shots of Toulouse in case I won’t be able to come here again.

I can’t really pinpoint what it is, but something about the natural light effect on European brickwork creates brilliant scenery. But I don’t seem to have found effects like these in Asian cities. Is it the light? Is it the building material? Is it the temperature? That would be an interesting study methinks…

Anyways, there’s really no specific point to this entry, except for enlightening everyone on where I am. It’s probably a form of alleviation of my homesickness, and the amount of stuff I’m missing this time. Still can’t believe I’m gonna miss Love Classifieds again! I’ve always wanted to go to Damai Laut to check the place out. And I just haaaad to go away when LC goes there! Some other time I guess.

Y’all have fun now… and stay safe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE EUROPE! you are so right about the lights and lighting. I think they simply r more artistic and tasteful than Asians. Plain and simple.