Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I have decided that I want a new digital camera.


After the tragic and mysterious dissapearance of my trusty 4-year-old 3.2 megapixel Canon (God strike thunder to the dickhead who took it), the time has now come for me to impart my mediocre scenery capturing skills via a new digital friend.


Although I read stuff magazine quite adamantly, I am nowhere near to being a techie or a gadgeteer. Thus, I don't know whats latest in the market and what should be the accurate street price for one. All I know is I need a new camera.


So as part of my new "analytical" approach to online journalling (if there is such a word), I have decided to list down some of the interesting looking ones and compare their specs, although most of the jargon sounds like Swahili to me. Note to self: You're not much of a photographer so don't be too ambitios with the specs. Something simple, point and shoot, sleek and above 6 megapixels will do.



1. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33

Okay this bad boy looks pretty good although it is slightly over my budget (MSRP RM1299). But it looks damn good with the black body and silver accents. 8.1mps and it comes with all the standard stuff that you would find in most point-and-shoot digicams nowadays. 3.6x digital zoom and 4x optical is pretty standard for that price i guess. Screen is 2.5" and storage utilizes Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard. Tempting, but mainly because of how it looks!






2. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W55/B






Alrite, this badass-looking Sony comes slightly cheaper at MSRP RM899 although that accounts for it snapping pictures at only 7.1mps compared to the Lumix. But then again, I'm not much of a photographer so I don't really think I'll see the difference. Still comes with a 2.5" screen although it can go only 3x optical (and 6x digital which doesn't really do much for the picture quality... err.. or so I think). The rest is yada yada yada whatever. Of course Sony won't part ways with their storage partner; Memory Stick MS Duo MS PRO Duo.




3. Nikon Coolpix L18




Okay so Nikon released the sexy L18 about 2 weeks ago and it's been quite a relief to see them moving on from their usual side-hump design to a more sleeker look. Kan smart tu... definitely worth for me to go take a look at the shops. No price yet online but I'm guessing its around the 1300 vicinity. Probably more considering they managed to squeeze in a 3 inch LCD into this 125-g sweetness. 8.1mps. Definitely worth a visit to the camera store. Let's just hope the price wont make me scoff with disgust.





4. Canon Digital IXUS 75


Although it doesn't come in black, I can't resist these new slim 7.1mps from Canon. Not to mention the mere fact of Canon's superior durability and quality. (my conviction after seeing my previous Canon went from the top of Mount Olympic all the way to beneath Sungai Ulu Yam - and it still worked). 3 inch screen and opticals and the rest are pretty much similar to average. Too bad it doesnt come in black though. But knowing that it's a Canon, I won't go wrong.

I got more Canons to analyze but I'm too tired now.





More more more!!! There're so many more to look at! Olympus especially. Adoi. Why la I start surfing at midnite... stupid blog. Ok I'm too tired to go through the rest now, maybe tomorrow. But if there's anyone reading this and got some suggestions do let me know. Anything goes as long as its below 1200 and shiny metallic black! Wuhu!



I know its been a long time,
I know I did you wrong,
I know the fault was mine,
I knew it all along,
But now I can't seem to get you out of my head
Although its been quite a while that we quit.
I hope its nothing. Or is my mind trying to tell me something...



No comments: